Common questions related to wallets and transaction signing.
Please note that WalletConnect (and Safe wallets) will no longer be supporter following the release of WalletConnect v2.0 on June 28th, 2023.
Syndicate currently supports MetaMask, Gnosis Safe (via WalletConnect), and all wallets supported through WalletConnect. You can find a list of wallets supported by WalletConnect here.
There have been some updates to Gnosis' transaction approval process. You must now execute transactions with the WalletConnect Safe app open in another tab (as seen below).
For example, your group may want to execute investment decisions with a small number of signatures but distribute funds with a large number of signatures. This is especially true if your group wants to act quickly on investment opportunities but many of your multi-sig signers are in different time zones.
In these scenarios, your group could utilize Gnosis Spending Limits. It would let your group lower the threshold number of signatures required for transactions under certain amounts, allowing your group to move quickly on specific investments while still requiring a larger group of signers to handle bigger amounts like distributions.
Note: If you require 100% of signers on your Gnosis Safe to sign, then any one signer losing their wallet will cause funds to be lost. Although you’ll still want 100% participation in votes, you may want to consider whether it is appropriate given your circumstances to require a lower percentage of signers on your Gnosis Safe to sign.
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps for executing a transaction on Syndicate. While we support a plethora of wallets through wallet connect, the following troubleshooting guide has resources linked only for a select few commonly used wallets like Metamask, Gnosis-Safe, Ledger, and Trezor. For more support and troubleshooting information, please check the resources provided by your wallet provider.
- 1.Make sure you have connected the correct wallet to the Syndicate web app. You can do this by clicking on "Connect wallet" at the top right corner of the web app and choosing the right wallet address or account.
- 2.Make sure to be connected to the correct network. The Syndicate public beta web app is on "Ethereum Mainnet". Check the following guides to help you change the network information.
- Wallet Connect: For all other wallets connected via WalletConnect, go to their respective support / troubleshooting guides. A few of the links are listed below.
- 3.Make sure you have enough ETH balance to pay for the club creation and deposit transactions. If you are depositing USDC into your club, you still need ETH in your wallet to pay for the transaction. Please check this page to learn more about current gas costs. As a best practice having ~ 0.05 ETH in your wallet to pay for club creation, gnosis-safe creation (if you choose to use), etc., is recommended for the admin. ~0.05 ETH is also recommended to perform deposit transactions for the members.
- 4.If your transaction has been pending for a while, it may be due to Ethereum’s network congestion. Please be patient and check the Etherscan link that is listed in the transaction modal within the web app. You can speed up or cancel the transaction via the wallet interface. Please check this link on how to do that in Metamask.
- 5.If you have trouble signing a transaction using Ledger hardware wallet through Metamask extension, please enable blind signing. Check this page on how to enable it.
- 6.(Only applicable to hardware wallets) Make sure that your hardware wallet's firmware is up to date. Most wallet-related issues are solved with a simple firmware update.
- 7.If your assets do not appear in the assets tab immediately after transacting, please wait a few minutes and refresh the page.
If you'd like additional information, please visit the different wallet support guides below: Metamask Gnosis Safe Ledger Trezor WalletConnect